We are always on the lookout for fabricators and welders to join our growing manufacturing team in Monkstown, Northern Ireland.
To safely carry out required fabrication and/or welding tasks and duties in accordance with specifications and per company standards by performing the following duties.
This job description is not exhaustive as other duties may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Adhering to company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Mig and tig welding, including the following:
- Create quality welds according to blueprints (weld symbols).
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting steel/aluminium parts.
- Change wire, welding, as needed.
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Analyse specifications, drawings, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and fabrication operations.
- Clean and prepare parts before welding
- Perform seam finishing, component fit-up, drilling and tapping and other minor machining functions
- Maintain target 5s standards for your work area and identify and implement improvements.
- Ensure all equipment is properly set-up and used in a safe manner and that all safety devices are in use.
- Performs first piece inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required by CDE standards.
- Identify and assist in the development of jigs & fixtures to continuously improve welding activities within CDE.
- To meet agreed production targets according to customer demands.
- To carry out the agreed preventative maintenance schedule.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required.
- Perform simple maintenance and repair as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- To adhere to CDE policy and practice.
- To carry out any other duties within reason and capability associated with this role.
We are a global company and welcome applicants from all countries and backgrounds. Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting. The Company reserves the right to vary criteria at the shortlisting stage.