Creating our best world through community engagement
Our purpose is ‘To create our best world, a ton at a time’. Creating our best world involves not only making strides towards a global circular economy, but also making a difference locally in our communities.
We are committed to forging partnerships with associations and causes that align with our purpose and values.
Our headquarters in Northern Ireland, works closely with The Hub community centre in Cookstown. The Hub provides local people with mental health services and emergency financial support, alongside a host of community activities like art and music lessons and health and wellbeing sessions. We conduct raffles, competitions and Christmas Jumper Days to raise money for this worthy cause.
CDE’s Volunteering Scheme
At CDE we are committed to elevating each other, both within CDE and in our local communities across the globe. We encourage all team members to volunteer within their community and for charitable causes and set aside time during working hours for our employees to do so. Volunteering allows employees to build relationships within their communities, learn new skills and improve their wellbeing and work-life balance.
If you have a volunteering request that you would like the CDE team to get involved in, please contact us using the below form.
CHARITY & SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
We receive a large number of sponsorship requests throughout the year. Each request is evaluated fairly against six general criteria listed below on a quarterly basis. We will respond to each request individually.
Our criteria have been developed to ensure that CDE can support partnerships that align with our purpose and benefit our communities and their long-term future.
Requests are evaluated for:
- Alignment to ‘creating our best world’
- Alignment to one or more of our 4 values: Believe it Possible, Do it Right, Elevate Each Other and Create Excitement.
- Opportunities that help those in need in our communities, young people in our communities, opportunities that help protect our environment, or promote education, STEM and learning.
- Opportunities that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Opportunities that create long-term value rather than short-term benefits.
- Opportunity for promotion on our website.
If you have a sponsorship request for our future consideration that aligns with our criteria, we would love to hear from you.
Sponsorship requests should include the following:
- Description and history of the event, initiative or program the applicant wants CDE to support.
- Explanation of why CDE should support the request, and synergies between the program and CDE’s purpose and values.
- A list of other major partners, if applicable.
- Support levels and costs associated with each level.
- Deadline for decision.