Sustainable Solutions For Processing Contaminated Soils
The need for soil remediation on contaminated land has increased significantly due to increased knowledge around current and emerging contaminants as well as an ever increasing demand for urban housing. Brownfield sites and metal polluted hotspot areas are increasingly being used as locations for redevelopment opportunities.
The risk of contaminants leaching into water sources can lead to direct contamination of human drinking sources or lead to bioaccumulation of chemicals in animals which can eventually make their way into the food chain. Therefore, removing pollutants and contaminants in the soil is vital to ensure safety for humans and wildlife.
Excavated soils contain contaminants of various nature and levels that need to be removed to ensure the end materials are suitable for re-use.
CDE’s soil washing technology offers many benefits including:
- High reliability in the reduction of harmful contaminants
- A cost-effective alternative to multi-treatment or disposal processes
- The production of high-quality washed construction sand and aggregates for resell and reuse
- Reduce the carbon footprint of your processing operation by producing recycled sand and aggregates closer to market.
CDE currently processes contaminated soil and various streams of construction & demolition waste material across the world, processing almost 20 million tonnes every year, and our portfolio includes the world's largest contaminated soils wash plant in New York.
Material Non Hazardous Soils, C&D Waste, Sports Sands
Output 3 Sands | 7 Aggregates | Filter Cake
Material C&D Waste, Excavation Waste, Road Sweepings & Gully Waste, Non Hazardous Soils
Output 0-250um, 0-2mm and 0-4mm Sand | 4-10mm, 10-20mm +20mm Aggregates
Material C&D Waste, Contaminated Soils, Hydro Excavation Waste, Non Hazardous Soils, Road Sweepings & Gully Waste, Waste Glass Washing
Output 0-0.3mm & 0-4mm Recycled Sand | 5-20mm, 20-40mm & 40-80mm Recycled Aggregates
Typical contaminants that can be removed by CDE’s contaminated soils recycling solutions include but aren’t limited to:
- Hydrocarbons such as diesel & petroleum range organics
- Volatile organic compounds
- Semi-volatile organic compounds
- Heavy metals
- Manmade chemicals & pesticides
Patented contaminated soils solutions: GB 2584652